Friday, June 06, 2008

June sucks


I took the first few days of June off and started playing again yesterday, I wish I hadn't bothered.

I've played poorly at times, taken some horrible beats, barely flopped a set, and last night I got completely owned for 2.5 buyins by a 36/33. I'm half expecting that 30min bloodbath to show up in a vid at one of the training sites sometime next week.

After not standing up to him (i.e 4-betting rather than folding) a couple of times early on with decent holdings I decided to make a stand with TT IP. We get it in on an 8-high flop, and of course villain flips AA. Text-book stuff. A $250 lesson in table-selection, as next time I'll just walk away I think.

It's amazing how just a few bad sessions can totally destroy my confidence. Sadly, the worse I run the nittier I get, I hadn't thought that was possible. I will soldier on at NL100 tonight and see how it goes.

Yours weak-passively,

PT

2 comments:

Razboynik said...

I've had the same problem, standing up to a bully and he shows me bullets for my stack. You just have to be patient with these aggro donkeys.
IMO you should be opening up more on the button. Open with any two broadway cards, any ragged ace etc.

Perpetual_Traveller said...

That's pretty much my range, depending on the BB's tendencies.

I ran horribly for another 2000 hands (-4 more buyins) so am done for a week I think.