Monday, October 29, 2007

Ramblings

So I'm a perpetually travelling online poker pro eh? Got to admit I'm beginning to feel like a bit of a fraud, especially this month.

I've notched up a whole 1224 hands in October, (I have poker tracker back, yey) and as far as the travelling goes: in the last 2 years I haven't been anywhere other than Argentina and the UK. There are legit excuses for both:

On the poker-front other business interests are taking up much of my time. The biggest downside to playing poker for a living for me has to be the fact that I need to put a lot of hours in. Combine this with the fact that poker really isn't my passion and you get a lazy so-and-so who's always looking for other ways to make a living online.

Travel-wise, rightly or wrongly, I've become tied to a girl here in Buenos Aires. While part of me wants to up laptop and try life in Thailand (or somewhere like that) a bigger part of me is quite happy with his lot.

FWIW my months performance at the tables is graphed below (I run GOOT). I doubt I'll even manage this much over November, I really want ot focus on developing another website.



6 comments:

Nabomb said...

What are some of your existing sites - if you don't mind sharing.

eratostenes said...

Maybe you should try No Limit seriously. There is a lot of fish out there.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it is time to change the blog title from perpetual traveller, to something more accurate. I had been wondering why you never travel, now I know (a girl). I travel around everywhere living off poker and sometimes I get "stuck" somewhere because of a girl, but only for a couple of extra months. You really should try SE Asia, thats where I spend most of my time. Althought for now I am travelling through Latin America.

Perpetual_Traveller said...

Hey guys

nabomb: I have just the url right now, but hopefully byt he end of the month it'll be a fully functional site. Youc an be sure I'll be linking to it from this blog at every available opportunity when it's done!

eratostenes: ¿hay muchos pescados? I donk around at NL SnGs for a break from the boredom of limit, and had half-hearted plans to switch to NL cash. I just don't have the passion right now to learn a new game.

Anon: Yeah, good point re: the title! I've let myself fall for this cutie (18 months togethor now), typically Latina she doesn't want to let me out of her sight. I will DEFNITELY spend time in SE Asia within the next 12 months. I also miss Europe from time to time. Nice to hear from a fellow travelling poker player btw.

Anonymous said...

Yo bruv.. cheers for checking my site out.. It sounds like you´re doing ok over there in BA..Ive just flown into Quito and heading to Colombia in a few days time.. Im not gonna be heading South.. gonna keep heading north for the next few months culminating in Vegas and then LA.. will be in touch and would love to talk about poker with you.

Perpetual_Traveller said...

Last Anon is Keiran from http://thegrind.blog.com/ who's travelling S.America playing poker.

Look forward to hearing from you mate, and enjoy those Colombian ladies.