Monday, May 12, 2008

Teaching them young

I was rudely awoken at around 1pm the other day by kids chanting "Queremos Gas, Queremos Gas" ("We want gas, we want gas"). I grumpily got out of bed to check out what was going on and was met by the somewhat bizarre site of a bunch of 8-9 year olds on strike.

Apparently the heating at the local school had broken down a couple of weeks ago and the government had done nothing about it. (There have been a couple of pretty cold spells recently). In my time here I've seen dozens of protests about all sorts of stuff, but nothing quite like this.



The result of course, is a cacophony of car horns for the next hour as your typical impatient Argy driver vents his frustration at having to wait in traffic for 5 mins.



Just another typical day in Buenos Aires.

4 comments:

Razboynik said...

Hey dude - where are the poker reports?
Are you 'in love' or something?
;-)

Perpetual_Traveller said...

Later today...I just gotta cook the stats LOL.

Actually, I'm pretty happy with how things have gone since chnging to NLHE. Time to move up to the dizzying heights of NL100.

Dom Reid said...

Hi buddy...almost lost you there, I upgraded my blog to the wordpressMU software and forgot to update my links...anyhow, yes..sex starved Polish girls are the way forward, but how's day to day life in the southern Hemisphere at the moment..are you coming back to blighty for summer (it's gorgeous right now)

Dom

Perpetual_Traveller said...

Hey Dom,

I'm not sure if I'll be back in the UK this year TBH, probably not. It is getting cold here now though, so I may well be on the move for at least a couple of months. Perhaps northern Brazil, or Central America.

I may just decide to stay put in an attempt to save $$$ so that I can afford my peach farm. ;-)