Sunday, January 28, 2007

Avoiding the Gringo Tax

"I promise I'll post something interesting eventually later this week". LOL.

In the 3 weeks since this hollow promise I've actually managed to leave the city for a week, after being invited into the home of an Argentine family in Concepcion del Uruguay. Report and photos to follow; the whole week was blissfully technology-free.

The annual event of Windows crashing and me losing the contents of my C:drive came and went......30000 hands in PokerTracker, and a maybe 50 photos lost forever.

The last week as been spent house-hunting. The hoops that I will have to jump through to get a deal equivalent to a local (thereby avoiding the Gringo Tax) requires a post of its own. Suffice to say the whole process is typically South American: if only I could find the right person to bribe. ;-)

PT

No comments: